Due to too much stress sometimes we find it difficult to carry on our day to day work smoothly. Migraines, backaches, breathing issues, etc. prove to be the hindrances that are caused due to stress. The question is once this is triggered what to do. Well here are 5 techniques that you can use to reduce the effect caused due to stress.
Controlled Breathing Techniques
- Lie on your back, placing one hand over your heart and the other on your abdomen.
- Inhale slowly and deeply through your nose for a count of 4.
- Watch the hand on your abdomen rise as you fill your lungs with air, expanding your chest. (The hand over your heart should barely move, if at all.)
- Hold your breath for a count of 4.
- Exhale slowly through the mouth or nose for a count of 4.
- Repeat for 10 full breaths. Work up to 2 or 3 sets of 10 breaths each.
Concentration on a particular object, sound, visualization or breathing movement in order to enhance the awareness of the present moment, this helps to reduce stress and anxiety. People who meditate regularly tend to experience less anxiety and depression.
One can start with simple ASANAS. Yoga is a powerful tool when it comes to eliminating problems like migraines, shallow breathing, asthma, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, backaches, constipation, diabetics, etc. It has also been proved that it is useful in reducing stress and anxiety.
Water- the savior
Drink plenty of water when you are undergoing a migraine or a backache. Keeping yourself hydrated would help to relieve the stress and cool you down.
If none of the above work then the only option left with you is to consult a doctor. Do not let a migraine sustain for a longer time as its bad for the brain and your overall health.
Hypnotherapy is the art of letting out emotions and feelings that are troubling you. It is a trance or deeply relaxed but a focused state. Not only will hypnosis help you relieve stress at any given moment, it can also help you discharge or, at least, reduce the problems that are causing you stress, the root problem.
It is never too late, you can always take control of your life!